The honest criticism (or even activism, why not?) was replaced by selling tactics. Speaking about ethic (in the commercial area) it means at least 4 questions for me:
- What is ethic and what is not ethic?
- Who is ethic and who is not ethic?
Often as a consumer I'm not given that freedom of choice.
What cannnot be think as very ethic in fragrances:
- the fact that a reformulation is not indicated on the packaging
- the abusive use of the name of a fragrance from the past for a new perfume / brand different from the original (even if it is trademark free I do not like this "recycling")
- the confusion regarding the use of natural and animalic extracts in a perfume
- the confusion between "new bottle edition" and "new fragrance-flanker edition"
Did you enjoy my article? Sign up for updates about new fragrances, reviews of artistic perfumes and exceptional vintage masterpieces. I would be very happy if you would consider joining 1000 Fragrances, throughRSS feed,GoogleFriend connect, Facebook (more personal), or any other way that appeals to you.
Fragrance is the 8th Art - Octavian Coifan - Le Parfum est le 8ème Art